Thursday, March 31, 2011

Development software

I have zero programming knowledge. I can remember how to type a 3 or 4 line bit of code in BASIC that’ll fill the screen with my name, but that’s not much use for games development.
F:FB is being constructed from the ground up with MultiMedia Fusion 2 Developer, which is from a line of game building tools I’ve been using since 1993, starting with Klick & Play (Which you can still build pretty good games with. I think it’s also free to download these days).
It uses a drag-and-drop system into which you bring custom sprites and numerical counters and then run through a checklist to determine how these objects are to interact with each other over the course of the game.
Very easy and simple enough for my tiny artist brain to comprehend without inducing a nose-bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment